What is Instagram promotion?
Instagram Promotion: This typically refers to the act of using Instagram’s built-in advertising platform to promote individual posts or stories. You’d pay to ‘boost’ a particular post or story to a wider audience or a targeted demographic beyond your current followers.
Instagram Marketing: This is a broader term that encompasses all strategies and tactics businesses use to market their products or services on Instagram. This includes organic strategies (like regular posting, stories, collaborations with influencers, engaging with followers, etc.) as well as paid strategies (like Instagram promotions).
What is the purpose of Instagram promotion?
Instagram Promotion: The primary goal is usually to increase visibility and reach for a specific post or story. This can be to gain more followers, increase engagement, drive traffic, or convert sales.
Instagram Marketing: The purpose can vary but generally aims to build brand awareness, cultivate an engaged community, and ultimately drive sales or conversions. It’s about a sustained presence and consistent engagement, not just one-off promotions.
Instagram Promotion: Limited to the specific posts or stories you’re promoting.
Instagram Marketing: Encompasses everything from content creation, brand strategy, engagement tactics, collaborations, monitoring metrics, and adapting strategies.
Expenses you should consider when planning Instagram promotion
Instagram Promotion: Requires a budget as you’re paying for increased visibility.
Instagram Marketing: Can include both organic (free) methods and paid methods (such as Instagram promotions or other types of Instagram ads).
Instagram Promotion: Typically time-bound. You set a duration for how long you want your promotion to run.
Instagram Marketing: A long-term strategy that evolves as the brand grows and the platform changes.
Tools & Features:
Instagram Promotion: Uses Instagram’s advertising tools like targeting options, budget settings, and performance analytics specific to the promoted content.
Instagram Marketing: Might use a combination of Instagram’s native tools and third-party tools for scheduling, analytics, content creation, and more.
Event Promotion Ideas
Here are some Instagram event promotion ideas:
- Teasers: Go ahead and share snippets, sneak peeks, or behind-the-scenes footage to build anticipation.
- Instagram Stories: Tou could try and utilize stories for time-sensitive updates, countdowns, and live videos.
- IGTV: Alternatively, longer-form content can be used to dive deeper into event details or showcase longer interviews or past event highlights.
- Countdown Timer: If you want to play a FOMO card why not use the countdown sticker in Stories to remind your followers of the event’s date.
- Influencer Partnerships: Definitely, It’s definitely a great idea to Collaborate with influencers in your niche to promote the event.
- Collaborative Posts: Don’t miss out the opportunity to partner with other brands or guests to co-promote.
- Highlight Reel: Design and post a highlight reel from past events or testimonials to showcase the value of attending.
- Exclusive Discounts: Give away special ticket prices or promotions exclusively for Instagram followers.
- Interactive Polls & Q&A: Engage and get in touch with your followers using polls or Q&A sessions about the event.
- User-Generated Content: Encourage and maybe incentivize followers to share their own content related to the event, creating a sense of community.
Best Practices for Instagram event promotion
- Clear Call-to-Action (CTA): Be sure each post has a clear and compelling CTA such as ‘Buy Tickets Now’ or ‘RSVP Today’.
- Use a Trackable Link: Generate and place a trackable link in your bio that leads to the event registration or ticket purchasing page. Tools like Linktree can help manage multiple links.
- Engaging Captions: Think over your captions that tell a story, spark interest, or offer value.
- Consistent Branding: Always maintain visual consistency in terms of colors, fonts, and overall feel to make promotional posts recognizable.
- Optimal Posting Times: Post when your target audience (potential customers) is most active.
- Hashtags: Obviously, use relevant and trending hashtags to expand the reach of your posts. Create a unique event hashtag to consolidate content and encourage sharing.
- Engage with Followers: Reply to comments and story reactions, engage with user-generated content, and maintain an active presence.
- Cross-Promotion: Share content across different platforms and channels, linking back to Instagram for exclusives.
- Paid Promotions: Use Instagram Ads to target specific audiences, boosting event visibility.
- Analytics: Sometimes it’s worth it to check Instagram Insights to monitor the performance of your promotional content, adjusting strategy as necessary.
- Collaborations: Partner with related accounts, brands, or influencers to tap into their audience and help each other.
- Pre-event Live Session: Go with a live session on Instagram a few days before the event to answer any queries and boost last-minute registrations.
- Post-event Sharing: After the event, share highlights, testimonials, and thank you email SMS messages to maintain the buzz and set the stage for future events.
To get some more insights on the topic of marketing your event on Instagram feel free to read on. Also, leave your comments with ideas to promote an event using other popular social media platforms and messengers.